Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: On this memorial day

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I consider myself lucky, I came back disabled , but had 2 good friends , since middle school who, unfortunately did not.

    I was amazed and very offended on the inside when I was at a neighbors house, who was throwing a Memorial Day party and his wife was asking what was the difference between memorial day and veterans day, not letting her put her foot in her mouth or embarrass her husband, who's a 14+ year vet himself, I answered before any asinine comments could be made.

    I'm all about throwing some beers back on a holiday, but I think in this hustle-bustle society we live in , I think some people rarely think about certain things as to why we have the days to remember and reflect.By all means celebrate to your hearts content, but just remember who gave up everything, so that you could enjoy and some who are still giving so that you will be able to. I will quit preaching and going on.....

    Hope all had a good holiday,


    Cheers...... forums forums forums forums

  2. #12
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been lucky, not having any close family or friends that paid the ultimate price on a battlefield. I do think about it a fair amount though, particularly when I see our leaders frivolously sign away the very rights and freedoms that others paid for with their lives. Shame, shame on you.

    I have known a few casualties of war though, guys that survived the battles (in the literal sense), but were unable to leave it behind, and succumbed to the rigors of war after they returned home. For them, there are no monuments, no ceremonies, no holidays of remembrance. The masses prefer to forget their dark stories. So today, Billy, Steve, Everett, and all the others like you, I remember, I appreciate, and I salute. forums

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.